For Sale – 6007 Franz In Katy TX 77493
For Sale - $849,900
Grand & Remodeled Home in the Heart of Old Katy
This 5 to 6 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom, 6,739 square foot home is a STUNNING piece of real estate with a rich historical significance to the City of Katy situated on a 1.74 acre unrestricted lot (though it still has to adhere to City of Katy rules) behind a huge circular driveway on a dead-end street. And that's just the main house y'all.
This home also contains a detached studio apartment with a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances and a full bathroom complete with a glass-enclosed shower. The studio apartment was fully remodeled, with permits, in 2018 and boasts 800 SF not included in the main home square footage in additional living space and its own private entrance.
There's still a 2-car garage with a small workshop, and a 3-car Porte-Cochere. Garage doors and opener were replaced in 2019.
The curved stairwell has been transformed from an outdated artifact to a wrought-iron showpiece. Updated light fixtures throughout the home. Fresh paint. Gourmet kitchen with huge kitchen island and top of the line appliances. Executive office. Walk-in pantry. Laundry room and mudroom. Water main new in 2018. Wood look tile throughout the main living areas. Upscale designer travertine tile in all downstairs wet areas. Built-in interior sprinkler system and exterior sprinkler system.
2 bedrooms - including the master - are on the first floor. Enormous attic space accessible from the second floor. A formal living room, a formal dining room, a HUGE flex room, and a sun room provides space for days!
Large and professionally-maintained, screened-in pool. Pool decking was refinished in 2019. Water heater and one A/C unit new in 2019. Never flooded.
Feel free to get in touch!
Real Estate Agent / REALTOR®
Champions Real Estate Group
535 E. Fernhurst Dr., Suite 109
Katy, TX 77450
View the Video Walkthrough
- Never flooded.
- Home With Historic Significance
- 1.74 Acre Lot
- Zoned Residential
- 100-year Slate Roof
- Numerous Mature Oak Trees
- Large Circular Driveway
- Decorative Front Balcony
- Large Fenced Area On Side Yard
- Traditional Garage
- Brand New Garage Doors
- New Garage Opener With Remote
- 3 Porte Cochere
- Fully Permitted Studio Apartment 1st Floor Addition
- Has Full Kitchen & Bath
- Could Be Office Or Game Room
- Or Multi-generational Living
- Screen Caged Pool
- Professionally Maintained
- New Pool Decking In 2019
- New Pool Shut Off 2018
- One New A/c Unit
- Water Main Replaced 2018
- Low Tax Rate
- No MUD Taxes
- No HOA
- Interior Sprinkler System in Main House
- Exterior Sprinkler System
- Solid Wood Double Front Doors
- Wrought Iron Showpiece Staircase
- Built In Entertainment Center In
- Central Living Room
- Travertine Tile Throughout 1st Floor Wet Areas
- Plantation Shutters Throughout Front Of Home (1st & 2nd Floors)
- All New Light Fixtures
- All New Cabinet Hardware Throughout
- Crown Molding
- Stunning Floor To Ceiling Brick Fireplace
- Freshly Painted
- Wood-look Tile In All Common Areas Of 1st Floor
- Real Wood Stairs & Upstairs Hallways
- Executive Office With Extensive Built In Cabinetry
- Huge Laundry/mud Room
- Huge Walk-in Pantry
- One Standard Pantry
- Water Heater Replaced 2019
- 2 Bedrooms Including Master On 1st Floor
- 4 Bedrooms Upstairs
- Extra Large Front Bedroom Upstairs Can Be Used As A Game Room
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Jenn-air Range With Oven
- Jenn-air Microwave
- Jenn-air Oven
- Kenmore Elite Built In Oversize Refrigerator - Stays
- Fisher & Paykel 2 Drawer Dishwasher
- Granite Countertops In All Baths
- All New Plumbing Fixtures
- Upgraded Mirrors In Master & Upstairs Bath
- His & Hers Master Closets
- Ample Storage & Closet Space
- Multiple Points To Access Attic
- Can Be Used For Ensuite Bathroom Additions
- Enormous Full Length, Full Height Attic - Accessible From 2nd Floor
A Home With Historical Significance
The Stockdick family was one of the founding families of Katy. After moving here from Iowa, Adam Stockdick bought his family some farmland and started selling real estate.
A former teacher, Adam was able to write advertisements and letters to convince people that Katy was a desirable place to move to and settle.
In 1895, Adam would open one of the first schools in Katy. In 1898, he opened a second and the site of this school is where Katy Elementary School sits today.
Despite Katy ISD being formed in 1919, the Stockdick schools continued to run independently until consolidating with Katy ISD in 1931.
The Stockdicks would remain one of the largest contributing families to the development of Katy in the fields of education and rice farming throughout the years.
Adam had six children, one of whom was W.C. Stockdick. W.C. would go on to have a son named W.C. Stockdick Jr. who graduated from Katy High School in 1934 (his mother was the first ever graduate on record at Katy High School).
6007 Franz Court was custom-built for W.C. Stockdick Jr. and his wife Floy (Peck).
The recipient of a law degree, in the latter half of his life W.C. would follow in the footsteps of his grandfather Adam and become a real estate developer in Katy, establishing the Pine Meadows and Hunters Terrace subdivisions.
W.C. was also a founding member of the Katy Heritage Society. The most recent Junior High - Stockdick Junior High - was named for and dedicated to the Stockdick family, which is now raising its fifth and six generations here in Katy.
Since being built for Mr. and Mrs. W.C. Stockdick Jr., the home has been occupied by two other families. Both families made some renovations but were careful to keep the spirit of the original historic architecture of the house.